On 9 May 2020, the Reimbursement Commission made changes to the SUT regarding response to the COVID-19 pandemic and introduced codes for IVD tests for Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) reverse transcriptase PCR and detection of Covid-19 antigen, IgG, IgM.
Healthcare Implementation Communique (Sağlık Uygulama Tebliği, SUT) is legislation created in 2007 by the Social Security Institute detailing the rules of fees and prices for medical products and services.
Reimbursement fees for procedures and devices were established in 2007 (Healthcare Implementation Communique, SUT) with significant updates in 2013 and only minor adjustments several times a year since then. Minor updates related mainly to pharmaceuticals.
On 9 May 2020, the Reimbursement Commission made changes to the SUT regarding response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following codes for IVD tests were introduced:
- 907221 "Covid-19 Antigen (SARS-CoV-2) (DFA)" with the tariff of 26.96 TRY
- 907222 "Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) IgG " with the tariff of 14.10 TRY
- 907223 "Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) IgM with the tariff of 14.10 TRY
- 908115 "Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) reverse transcriptase PCR" with the tariff of 166.95 TRY
- 908116 "Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) insulation" with the tariff of 20.97 TRY
These codes can be used for reimbursement purposes only during the COVID-19 pandemic.
See the full details here
to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.