On March 1, 2020, the Italian Drugs Agency (AIFA) had posted the results of the meeting of their pricing and reimbursement committee (CPR) held on February 26-28, 2020.
The CPR brought many decisions for single medicines, but also made some price-volume agreements.
The possible outcomes of the CPR meeting are:
- Istruttoria CPR: Further information is requested from other commissions, AIFA experts, public administration, or the manufacturer. In case of requiring more information from the manufacturer, the procedure is paused until the answers are provided
- Convocazione CPR: The manufacturer is contacted to meet to finalize the contract
- Approfondimento CTS: The scientific-technical commission is asked to review the case
- Procedura conclusa: CPR made a final decision, or the procedure is completed without a need for further administrative steps / communication to the manufacturer
- CdA: The CPR has taken the decision, and the case is forwarded to the AIFA Board of Directors
The CPR meetings are held each month.
Regarding orphan drugs, the CPR has taken the decision about Brineura, and the case is forwarded to the AIFA Board of Directors. The scientific-technical commission is asked to review the case regarding Verkazia. Further information is required regarding Luxturna, Lamzede, and Natpar, before the CPR could continue with their work
The manufacturer is contacted to meet to finalize the contract regarding Tegsedi (inotersen).
The document contains seven pages of outcomes (for >60 drugs) of the CPR assessment and can be seen here
to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.