On September 21, 2020, Decision Forum for New Methods was conducted, and minutes were published. The meeting considered six pharmaceuticals.
Five (5) decisions on introduction were made:
- Sekukinumab (Cosentyx) for the treatment of non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis in adults who have had an inadequate response to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) from February 01, 2021
- Ozanimod (Zeposia) for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) from October 15, 2020
- Ruksolitinib (Jakavi) for the treatment of disease-related splenomegaly or symptoms of myelofibrosis from October 15, 2020
- Atezolizumab (Tecentriq) in combination with bevacizumab, paclitaxel and carboplatin for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer that has EGFR mutation or is ALK-positive which is no longer successful with targeted treatment. The decision requires the use of the most affordable alternative to bevacizumab. This treatment can be used from October 01, 2020
- Bevacizumab for the treatment of advanced cervical cancer and in case of recurrence of cervical cancer from October 01, 2020
One (1) non-introduction decision was made:
- Telotristat (Xermelo) is not introduced for the treatment of diarrhea in malignant carcinoid syndrome. There is evidence of the effectiveness, but the long-term effectiveness is uncertain, and the price is too high
See the full details in Norwegian here
to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.